Thursday 1 February 2018

Vapnartak Show and Hanomags πŸ˜€

A couple of evenings to tidy up from the weekend game but I managed to squeeze in a bit of time to finish of a Christmas present. The Germans clearly need more transport in their ongoing Sealion and Barbarossa campaigns. So with money from my mother in law I bought these at Christmas.

Sd.Kfz 251 Hanomags
Pretty ubiquitous german half tracks, those eagle eyed followers will recognise these as 251c’s , I have not been able to source a or b versions so this was a compromise. The main difference being the configuration of the front so I have ‘cleverly or not’ fixed spare wheels to the fronts of both vehicles in a vain attempt to foxy people. I believe the c came out in 1942 ?. I have simplified the models slightly which are Rubicon, reducing the obvious bits which would break off in storage and simplifying the machine gun mount so I could magnetise it allowing me to slot the canopy on and off as required πŸ˜€ just need some crew now...........

And on that note we are off to Vapnartak (York) Wargames Show on Sunday (as punters), if any followers or readers fancy catching up saying hi or want me to buy them a coffee πŸ˜€ let me know. Very happy to discuss gaming of any type.



27 comments:

  1. Nice pieces of kit. have a good time at Vapnartak. I'd attend myself, but it's a bit far to paddle across the Pond. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJ yes a nice show but it is only a couple of hours for us πŸ˜€

      Delete
  2. I'm not at York show this year, so I won't see you, but do hope you have an enjoyable and safe day. (I still think it was a better venue at the old place - pitch darkness and all! lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure many would agree with you on the venue ?πŸ˜€

      Delete
  3. Nice job Matt, very nice job...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh a chat over coffe May be on the cards. See you there! Nice Hanomags too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will look out for you....you’ll be the bloke with all those bags of new figures no doubt πŸ˜€

      Delete
  5. They look fine to me Matt. Enjoy Vapnartak, sadly I wont be there this year, just too far at present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes it isn’t a longish way north....will try and take some game pictures this year πŸ™‚

      Delete
  6. Nice looking pair of 'mags there Matt. Have yourself a great day at Vappa and buy more toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil I have a small list of things to look out for ....

      Delete
  7. Nice. I'm pretty dubious about the national insignia on the hood though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean and you are spot on with the hood.........I rarely try and make things exact or too authentic. I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t have done something similar. But when I was finishing them off they just needed something to lighten them up πŸ™‚

      Delete
  8. very nice, still don't know about York. See how much work I get done today - hungover

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work on these, have fun at the show!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice and useful vehicles, Matt. Interestingly, I have none of these in my German Bolt Action force. I may someday pick up a Tamiya kit as most of my stuff are 1:50/1:48.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean these rubicon kits are nice but seem a fairly good 1:56 scale so might be small compared to others

      Delete
  11. Hey Matt nice looking pair of 251’s cracking vehicles! Top work.
    Re the hood crosses I’d drape aircraft recognition flags over there perfect for the 1939-1941 period.
    Trenchworx’s make a very nice true 1/56 (so for some a bit small) Sdkfz 251-1 Ausf A, I would have some but for the expensive shipping from the States to Oz!
    https://trenchworx.com/product/sdkfz-251-1-ausf-a/
    Enjoy York!

    ReplyDelete